Update Droid RARZ M XT907 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Official Leaked Test Firmware Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean is now available for the Motorola RAZR M (XT907). The official (leaked test) firmware is out online and now you can install it manually on your Droid RAZR M. We repeat, Motorola has not yet released Jelly Bean officially. This is a leaked test firmware which you cna play around with on your Droid RAZR M. You can now update Motorola Droid RAZR M XT907 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean using our easy tutorial below.
As you continue reading this tutorial, we will tell you how to install Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on Motorola RAZR M XT907 with complete steps. Backup all your personal settings, data and apps because you never know when something might go wrong on your phone during the process. Let’s proceed with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (TeamAndroid.com) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Motorola RAZR M to connect it with the computer. Download Motorola RAZR M USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC. See here: .
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently. See here: .
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> .
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> .
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> .
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial below and update Droid RAZR M XT890 on official leaked Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware.
How to Install Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on Motorola RAZR M
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to root Droid RAZR M on official Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware. Please read every line carefully below. We suggest, read the tutorial once before actually performing it on your phone.
- This tutorial is only for RAZR M. Please don’t try this on any other variants of the phone.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
- Since this is a leaked firmware, you will need to root your phone first.
If you have fulfilled all the requirements above, then proceed to the actual tutorial.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 - Download Blur_Version.77.111.10.XT907.Verizon.en.US.zip to your computer. Do not extract the file or rename it to anything else.
Step 2 - Connect your RAZR M to your computer using the USB cable. Make sure USB debugging is ON as given on the first page.
Step 3 - Also make sure all USB drivers are properly installed for your phone.
Step 4 - Copy the Android 4.1.1 zip file to the microSD card of your phone (not in internal storage).
Step 5 - Turn OFF your phone and boot into Recovery Mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons till you see the screen go ON. Highlight the RECOVERY option using Volume Down and select it using Volume Up key.
Step 6 - Now if you see the Android robot, press Volume Up + Volume Down again to show the recovery menu. This is the Recovery Mode.
Step 7 - Select update from external storage. Now select the Android 4.1.1 zip file and select it with the Power button. Confirm the installation with Yes. Installation should start now.
Step 8 - After the installation completes, the phone will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time. So, please wait.
That’s it! Your Motorola RAZR M is now updated with Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean test firmware! Check for the Superuser app in your apps list to verify.
To make sure you have correctly installed the above root method and it’s working, verify with Root Checker as given in the link.